Business Insurance 2017 Innovation AwardsReprints
Business Insurance’s Innovation Awards recognize the latest developments in risk management.
In the following pages, you will read about technological innovations and creative solutions for a wide variety of issues facing risk managers, from helping keep employees safe when they travel, to finding coverage for cyber exposures, mapping flood exposures, negotiating coverage gaps after Brexit and more.
Now in its eighth year, the Innovation Awards program previously focused only on products and services offered to risk managers. While we continue to recognize those innovations, for 2017 we have added a category to recognize risk management innovations created by a team of people and firms. The Risk Management Team award can include contributions from risk managers, their insurers, brokers and other service providers and recognizes the collaborative effort that is needed to build innovative risk management solutions.
All of the nominations were reviewed by an independent panel of judges composed of professional risk managers.
The 2017 judges were: Julie Bean, director of risk management at the Chamberlain Group Inc.; Delany Haj, senior manager–global risk assessments and financing at Accenture P.L.C.; Amy Templeton, vice president of risk management at Penn National Gaming Inc.; and Carlos Sintes, claims manager at Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc.
The awards will be presented at the Innovation Summit & Awards 2017 in New York on Oct. 5.
For more information about the Innovation Awards and other awards programs sponsored by Business Insurance, visit www.businessinsurance.com or email Editor Gavin Souter at email@example.com.
- American International Group Inc., AIG Travel Assistance App
- Chubb Ltd., Cyber Services for Loss Mitigation: Online Cyber Security Education
- Chubb Ltd., Global Cyber Facility and Property and Casualty Endorsements
- Emerge Diagnostics Inc., Telemedicine Program
- FM Global, Global Flood Map
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., Liberty Mutual SmartVideo
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., LM Expedite
- Marsh Ltd., Bridge
- Salus Systems L.L.C., ZERO
- Triax Technologies Inc., spot-r