BI’s Article search uses Boolean search capabilities. If you are not familiar with these principles, here are some quick tips.

To search specifically for more than one word, put the search term in quotation marks. For example, “workers compensation”. This will limit your search to that combination of words.

To search for a combination of terms, use quotations and the & symbol. For example, “hurricane” & “loss”.

Login Register Subscribe

NY to consider allowing social workers to treat injured workers

workers comp

Lawmakers in New York are considering legislation that would permit licensed social workers to aid in treating injured workers.

A.B. 852, introduced Wednesday, states that the treatment by a licensed clinical social worker for a compensable injury would be available upon the referral of an authorized physician.

The bill contains a number of provisions, including that the social worker authorized to provide services “shall not be authorized to perform independent medical examinations, except for independent medical examinations related to the need for licensed clinical social work services.”

The bill was referred to the Assembly Labor Committee.