BI’s Article search uses Boolean search capabilities. If you are not familiar with these principles, here are some quick tips.
To search specifically for more than one word, put the search term in quotation marks. For example, “workers compensation”. This will limit your search to that combination of words.
To search for a combination of terms, use quotations and the & symbol. For example, “hurricane” & “loss”.
New York-based XL Catlin's specialty insurance division on Wednesday announced its specialty insurance leadership team in the Americas.
XL Group P.L.C. completed its $4.28 billion acquisition of Catlin Group Ltd., Dublin-based XL, in May 2015. The combined company were marketed as XL Catlin while keeping XL Group P.L.C. as the name of the parent. It created an insurance powerhouse, writing nearly one-tenth of all Lloyd's of London business.
XL Catlin's specialty product leads include:
• Jason Denechaud, Accident & Health: Summit, New Jersey-based Mr. Denechaud, formerly employed with Catlin Group Ltd., will continue to manage XL Catlin's accident and health underwriting team, which provides group accident insurance solutions for programs and groups including associations, unions and others.
• Eric Donofrio, Aviation: New York-based Mr. Donofrio, formerly employed with XL Group P.L.C., will oversee aviation insurance underwriting teams in New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto and Calgary, British Columbia, providing aviation hull and liability, aircraft products liability, and nonowned aircraft liability among other coverages.
• Denise Balan, Crisis Management: New York-based Ms. Balan, formerly employed with XL, will lead XL Catlin's crisis management underwriting teams in New York, Atlanta and Boston, as well as managing relationships with global risk management consultants, to provide corporate clients with product recall, war, terrorism and political violence, kidnap, ransom, and extortion insurance and risk consultancy services.
• Sheila Gott, Equine & Livestock: Lexington, Kentucky-based Ms. Gott, formerly employed with Catlin, will manage XL Catlin's Lexington- and New York-based equine teams, which underwrite equine businesses including mortality, named perils, theft, prospective foal, barrenness and stallion first season infertility; and livestock insurance, which includes such coverages as livestock mortality, specified perils, transit motor truck cargo and care, custody and control liability.
• Jennifer Schipf, Fine Art & Specie: New York-based Ms. Schipf, formerly employed with XL, continues to oversee fine art, jewelers block and general specie insurance business while serving as head of U.S. specialty distribution and network.
• Richard DeSimone, Marine: New York-based Mr. DeSimone, formerly employed with XL, continues to lead XL Catlin's ocean and inland marine business in the Americas, providing marine cargo, primary and excess marine liability, inland marine, blue water and brown water hull, as well as recreational marine coverages.
• Rafael Docavo-Malvezzi, Political Risk & Trade Credit: New York-based Mr. Docavo-Malvezzi, formerly employed with XL, assumes the role of Americas regional product lead for political risk and trade credit in addition to his role as head of global PRTC risk management. His team provides insurance coverages to protect clients against confiscation, expropriation, nationalization, political violence, contract frustration, among other risks.