BI’s Article search uses Boolean search capabilities. If you are not familiar with these principles, here are some quick tips.

To search specifically for more than one word, put the search term in quotation marks. For example, “workers compensation”. This will limit your search to that combination of words.

To search for a combination of terms, use quotations and the & symbol. For example, “hurricane” & “loss”.

Login Register Subscribe



Requirements of various designations

RIMS Fellow: Complete three courses in risk management (fundamentals, financing, risk control) by way of Associate in Risk Management, Canadian Risk Management, Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter or college-level courses; have at least five years' experience in the industry; complete four foundation courses in business, including mandatory accounting and finance courses, plus two other college-level courses in business, economics or other specified fields; and complete 12 days of RIMS workshops. Fellows must also meet ethical and continuing education requirements, pay an annual $50 fee and the cost of RIMS courses.

Associate in Risk Management: Complete three courses in risk assessment, risk financing and risk control and pass an examination. There is no matriculation fee, but candidates pay for study materials and exams.

Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter: Pass eight courses, of which five--foundations of risk management, insurance and professionalism; insurance operations, regulation and statutory accounting; the legal environment of insurance; finance for risk management and insurance professionals; and financial services institutions--are mandatory. Candidates must complete three courses in the commercial or personal lines concentration; meet ethics and employment experience requirements; and pay a $75 matriculation fee plus the cost of study materials and exams.

Sources: Risk & Insurance Management Society Inc., the Insurance Institute of America and the American Institute for CPCU.