BI’s Article search uses Boolean search capabilities. If you are not familiar with these principles, here are some quick tips.
To search specifically for more than one word, put the search term in quotation marks. For example, “workers compensation”. This will limit your search to that combination of words.
To search for a combination of terms, use quotations and the & symbol. For example, “hurricane” & “loss”.
Business Insurance Europe is delighted to announce the launch of the Risk Manager of the Year 2007.
This award has been created with the support of FERMA, the European risk management federation, to credit individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of the enterprise-wide risk management profession in Europe.
The judging panel comprises a number of the heads of Europe's leading risk management associations and this prestigious award will be announced at the FERMA conference in Geneva in October.
The panel of judges will score each nominated candidate on a scale of one to 10, according to how well he or she has:
1. Established and implemented an effective enterprise-wide risk management program within the organization.
2. Tackled and solved one or more major problems for his or her organization.
3. Innovatively applied the diverse tools of risk management and insurance.
4. Creatively and effectively used the insurance markets to structure an insurance program that serves the needs of the organization (specifically addressing the types of policies purchased).
5. Established a workable intelligence system inside and outside the organization, culminating in a flow of information about events and activities that affect the organization's risk management strategy (how the risk manager secures information from other departments and the use of risk management information systems are addressed in this criterion).
6. Skillfully performed the functions of management in the overall organization and within the risk management/insurance department. The functions are to plan, organize, direct and control.
7. Developed technical expertise in any or all of the broad categories included within risk management, which lead to a better managerial grasp of the operational aspects of the job.
8. Shown a commitment to the advancement of the wider risk management profession outside of his or her own organization such as professional activities, speaking engagements, teaching and related activities.
Candidates will not have to fulfill all the criteria listed above in each case.
The outstanding achievement of one or more of the above criteria could prove sufficient to persuade the judges if the positive impact upon the way the organization and/or indeed wider market approaches risk management can be shown.
Above all the BIE Risk Manager of the Year judges will seek to reward an individual who has shown dedication, innovation and intelligence to deliver a significant and lasting advance in enterprise-wide risk management within their own organization and the wider market.
To nominate an individual for the Risk Manager of the Year you first need only provide basic details about the candidate's name, title and company as well as a brief essay of up to 500 words that states the candidate's recent accomplishments that make him or her worthy of consideration for this award.
The nomination form and more information on how to enter will be available at www.BIEurope.com/RMOY2007. Entries must be completed by May 25. We look forward to receiving your entries.