BI’s Article search uses Boolean search capabilities. If you are not familiar with these principles, here are some quick tips.
To search specifically for more than one word, put the search term in quotation marks. For example, “workers compensation”. This will limit your search to that combination of words.
To search for a combination of terms, use quotations and the & symbol. For example, “hurricane” & “loss”.
* Colorado Compensation Insurance offers a brochure detailing designated provider discounts and Cost Containment Certification. Request item 2400.
* An article dealing with workers compensation in California, including information on undocumented workers, is available from the Rehabilitation Professionals Inc. Request item 2401.
* A report on travel management risks is provided by International SOS Assistance. Request item 2402.
* Gates McDonald provides a newsletter focusing on changes and events in unemployment compensation and workers compensation. Request item 2403.
* The Rehabilitation Professionals Inc. have presented an article about defending and arguing psychiatric claims in California. Request item 2404.
* A pamphlet produced by Colorado Compensation Insurance highlights the benefits of return-to-work programs and provides ideas on implementing such programs. Request item 2405.
* The settlement of vocational rehabilitation benefits in California is the topic of an article available from the Rehabilitation Professionals Inc. Request item 2406
* Aholm & Monahan offers a quarterly law update on Illinois workers comp claims handling techniques and issues. Request item 2407.
* A brochure presented by Colorado Compensation Insurance details an experience modification rating for in-state policyholders. Request item 2408.
* An article provided by the Rehabilitation Professionals Inc. describes the consequences to an employer when a late offer of modified or alternative work is made. Request item 2409.
* Aholm & Monahan offer a resource manual on handling and defending Illinois workers comp claims. Request item 2410.
* Medical and legal issues, auditing, claims and fraud prevention are discussed in an employer's guide to worker's compensation insurance in Colorado presented by Colorado Compensation Insurance. Request item 2411.
* Rehabilitation Professionals Inc. presents an article detailing the duty of the employer to investigate modified or alternative work. Request item 2412.
* Strategies for using workers compensation information in the hiring process is outlined in a booklet by Avert Inc. Request item 2413.
* The employer's role is explained in a brochure about managing claims and reducing litigation published by Colorado Compensation Insurance. Request item 2414.
* Intracorp provides a study of individuals who have experienced work-related injuries or illnesses. Request item 2415.
* A pamphlet that discusses and tests knowledge of absenteeism is available from Martin Dennison Press. Request item 2416.
* A paper describing the effects of an inadequate notice of potential eligibility is provided by the Rehabilitation Professionals Inc. Request item 2417.
* Richard B. Frank & Associates offers a bulletin for training managers and supervisors. Request item 2418.
* Frequently asked questions about underwriting workers compensation insurance are answered in a pamphlet available from Colorado Compensation Insurance. Request item 2419.