Business Insurance launches intellectual property conferencePosted On: May. 9, 2019 2:45 PM CST
Business Insurance on Thursday announced a new conference covering intellectual property risk management and insurance.
To be held in New York on Oct. 24, the conference will address a growing concern for organizations of all sizes.
Whether it be proprietary data, software programs or industrial designs, businesses are becoming more concerned about guarding their intellectual property rights as they rely less on physical plant and property and more on innovative ideas to build revenue.
Patent and copyright protections have long been concerns, but as organizations compete across borders and through cyberspace, they face new challenges in guarding their intellectual property. And litigation over alleged patent infringements is rising in the United States and globally.
The conference will address in-depth a business exposure that is hitting numerous organizations. Legal, insurance, risk management and other intellectual property experts will discuss strategies to protect intellectual property assets and examine what’s available from established and new insurance protections when things go wrong.
To help formulate the agenda, Business Insurance has secured a wide-ranging panel of experts to its conference advisory board. The members are:
- Erik Alsegard, intellectual property practice leader at CFC Underwriting Ltd. in London
- Dan Auslander, director of marketing and development at Ambridge Partners LLC in New York
- Nick Chmielewski, chief broking officer, intellectual property solutions at Aon PLC in Chicago
- Robert Kingsley, senior vice president of insurance operations for RPX Corp. in San Francisco
- Kimberly Klein Cauthorn, intellectual property leader at Willis Towers Watson PLC in Austin, Texas
- Douglas Kline, partner and chair of IP litigation at Goodwin Proctor LLP in Boston
- Matt Hogg, vice president and underwriting manager with Liberty Specialty Markets, a unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance Co. in London
- Liz Walker, director, enterprise risk and global insurance at Groupon Inc. in Chicago
Registration will open soon. Click on the Awards & Events tab at www.businessinsurance.com.