Business Insurance 2018 Innovation AwardsPosted On: Nov. 4, 2018 12:00 AM CST
The insurance and risk management sector is embracing developments in technology to produce innovative products and services that are transforming everything from risk assessment to staff training.
Utilizing technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence and advanced data analytics capabilities, forward-looking organizations are creating efficiencies along all stages of the risk management process: identifying exposures, enhancing management of information, developing new coverages and generally creating opportunities for buyers to bring more value to their companies.
Now in its ninth year, the Business Insurance Innovation Awards program recognizes the best of these developments as assessed by their end users — professional risk managers.
This year we received one of the highest number of nominations in the history of the program, with nearly 70 entries submitted by 45 different organizations.
All the nominations were assessed by an independent panel of judges composed of risk managers from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
The 2018 Innovation Award judges were: Julie Bean, director of risk management at The Chamberlain Group Inc.; Delany Haj, senior manager-global risk assessments and insurance at Accenture PLC; Jason Mezyk, vice president of risk management at GLP US Management LLC; Jennifer E. Reno, global risk manager at QVC Inc.; and Carlos Sintes, claims manager at Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc.
The winners will be recognized at the U.S. Insurance Awards in New York on March 21, 2019.
- American International Group Inc., AIG Multinational Suite of Risk Management Tools
- Care Bridge International Inc., Analytic-Powered Medicare Set Aside and Analytic-Powered Medical Reserve
- FM Global, Cyber Risk Assessment Program
- Gallagher Bassett Services Inc., SMART Benchmark
- Hiscox Special Risks, Security Incident Response Program
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., Workers’ Compensation Automation
- Marsh LLC, Marsh’s Blockchain-based Proof of Insurance
- Marsh Ltd., Marsh CrimeBlock
- Marsh LLC / Metabiota Inc. / Munich Reinsurance Co., PathogenRX
- The Institutes, Targeted Training Solutions