Spencer Educational Foundation awards 11 master’s scholarshipsReprints
The Spencer Educational Foundation Inc. said Tuesday that it has awarded scholarships totaling $103,490 to 11 industry professionals seeking master’s degrees part-time.
Each recipient was granted up to $10,000. This is the first time that Spencer awarded named part-time master’s scholarships as part of separate grants from Risk & Insurance Management Society Inc. and RIMS New York Chapter, the foundation said in a statement.
Receiving the scholarships this year are:
- Alyssa Bouchard, Markel Insurance
- Kristen Gindele, Munich Reinsurance America Inc.
- Nicholas Glaser, Liberty Mutual Insurance Co.
- Shan He, Choi’s Accounting L.L.C.
- Shane Hogan, Aon Risk Solutions
- Jacquelyn Kamstra, Nike Inc.
- Chul Hyung Lee, Western World Insurance Group
- William Lehman, Cook Group Inc.
- Jessica Rosser, Crown Castle International Corp.
- Justin Ruehs, American International Group Inc.
- Matthew J. Shoaf, Munich Reinsurance America Inc.
Ms. Kamstra and Ms. Rosser each received the RIMS Part-time Master’s Scholarship, and Mr. Lehman received the New York Chapter Part-time Master’s Scholarship.
Criteria for evaluation of Spencer Scholars include field of study, career objective, work experience, leadership skills and academic performance. Applications for the Foundation’s Part-time Master’s Scholarships will be available on the Foundation’s website in January 2018.
Combined with full-time scholarships, the foundation awarded 75 scholarships this year totaling $463,493, the foundation said.
The foundation is an independent affiliate of RIMS and since its inception it has given out more than 980 scholarships.