BI’s Article search uses Boolean search capabilities. If you are not familiar with these principles, here are some quick tips.
To search specifically for more than one word, put the search term in quotation marks. For example, “workers compensation”. This will limit your search to that combination of words.
To search for a combination of terms, use quotations and the & symbol. For example, “hurricane” & “loss”.
Know an outstanding professional employee benefit manager? Nominate him or her for Business Insurance's 2012 Benefit Manager of the Year® Award.
The Business Insurance Benefit Manager of the Year® award recognizes excellence in administering employee benefits programs.
The highest-scoring candidate selected by an independent panel of judges is named the Benefit Manager of the Year®. Other high-scoring candidates are eligible to be named to the Business Insurance Benefit Management Honor Roll®.
The criteria on which candidates are judged are how well a benefit manager:
• Innovatively and effectively applies benefit programs to solve one or more major problems for his or her organization.
• Exhibits leadership in achieving change within his or her organization.
• Skillfully uses technology to administer benefit programs and/or identify and address major problems such as health care cost drivers.
• Establishes and/or leads an effective benefit communication strategy to inform employees of benefitprogram changes.
• Develops in his or her career and promotes the advancement of the benefit management profession.
Anyone involved in managing the benefits provided by his or her organization, anywhere in the world, is eligible for consideration.
Submissions will be scored by an independent panel of judges.
The nomination deadline is now March 9, 2012. A profile of the winners will appear in the May 21, 2012, issue.
To download a nomination form, click here.