BI’s Article search uses Boolean search capabilities. If you are not familiar with these principles, here are some quick tips.
To search specifically for more than one word, put the search term in quotation marks. For example, “workers compensation”. This will limit your search to that combination of words.
To search for a combination of terms, use quotations and the & symbol. For example, “hurricane” & “loss”.
The Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-Cost, Timely Healthcare Act of 2011 was introduced by Rep. Phil Gingrey, R-Ga., and had six co-sponsors. Key provisions of H.R. 5 include:
• Capping noneconomic damages in health care liability lawsuits at $250,000
• Capping punitive damages in health care suits at $250,000 or twice economic damages, whichever is greater
• Instituting a “fair share rule” making each party responsible only for its share of damages and not those of any other party
• Allowing evidence of collateral-source benefits
• Limiting the percentage of an award paid as attorney contingent fees based on a sliding scale