BI readers head to the ballot box to pick the best in the businessPosted On: Aug. 19, 2007 12:00 AM CST
Business Insurance's 2007 Readers Choice Awards recognize the best overall commercial insurance industry companies in 11 categories.
2007 marks the third year of this award program. BI launched the Readers Choice Awards in 2005 to let readers vote for the companies that they believe offer the best combination of service, value, quality and innovation.
The categories are:
- Best admitted property/casualty insurer.
- Best employee assistance program provider.
- Best employee benefit consulting firm.
- Best insurance wholesaler.
- Best managed care organization.
- Best property/casualty reinsurer.
- Best reinsurance intermediary.
- Best retail brokerage.
- Best risk management consulting firm.
- Best surplus lines insurer.
- Best third-party claims administrator.
This year, Business Insurance partnered with Erdos & Morgan Inc., an internationally respected business-to-business market research firm, to devise an electronic ballot and tabulate the results. BI invited readers of the news magazine as well as BusinessInsurance.com to cast their votes on confidential ballots. Balloting closed June 13, and the results were tabulated and analyzed to determine the winners as well as runners-up.
Profiles of the winning com- panies begin on page 12. To view profiles of this year's winners as well as those in the previous Readers Choice Awards competitions, please visit www.BusinessInsurance.com/ReadersChoice.