Top tips for AGG compliancePosted On: Oct. 8, 2006 12:00 AM CST
According to law firm Squire, Sanders & Dempsey L.L.P., several practical steps should be considered by an employer in order to ensure compliance with the General Act on Equal Treatment (Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz-AGG):
- A review of the hiring process and the wording of advertisements for employment to reflect the AGG requirements.
- Publication and posting of the new AGG in the workplace.
Provide information for employees about the content of the AGG and possible sanctions if the new law is violated by an employee.
- Training management in the new duties under the AGG.
- Provide a written agreement against discrimination.
- Procedural rules for filing a complaint (Beschwerdestelle) under the AGG.
- Training of all employees.