BI’s Article search uses Boolean search capabilities. If you are not familiar with these principles, here are some quick tips.
To search specifically for more than one word, put the search term in quotation marks. For example, “workers compensation”. This will limit your search to that combination of words.
To search for a combination of terms, use quotations and the & symbol. For example, “hurricane” & “loss”.
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. -- The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers elected new officers during its joint annual meeting at The Greenbrier.
James J. Kilbride, chairman and chief executive officer of Morse, Payson & Noyes Insurance of Portland, Maine, and Christopher M. Collins, managing director of J&H Marsh & McLennan Inc. of New York, were elected co-chairmen of the Council.
Both had previously served as co-vice chairmen of the organization following the July 1 merger of the Council with the National Assn. of Insurance Brokers.
Messrs. Kilbride and Collins succeed John C. Adams Jr., executive vp of Hilb, Rogal & Hamilton Co. and CEO of its Florida operations in Daytona, Fla.; and Jane Hill Fleming, senior vp of Sedgwick Inc. of Nashville, Tenn.
Other key Council elections made at last week's meeting included:
* Robert A. Gleason Jr., chairman and CEO of The Gleason Agency in Johnstown, Pa., elected vice chairman.
* Thomas J. Rodell, chairman-Central Region for Aon Risk Services Inc. in Chicago, elected treasurer.
* John Van Osdall, senior vp of USI Insurance Services Corp. in Houston, elected assistant treasurer.
* William R. Wilkerson III, chairman and CEO of Haas & Wilkerson Inc. of Shawnee Mission, Kan., elected secretary.
* Frederick J. deGrosz, president and CEO of Alburger Basso deGrosz Inc. of Belmont, Calif., elected assistant secretary.
Ken A. Crerar continues to serve as Council president.
The Council's board of directors for 1998 are:
* Nancy J. Ayers, senior vp of Mesirow Insurance Services Inc. in Chicago.
* Bruce Basso, chairman of Alburger Basso deGrosz Inc. of Belmont, Calif.
* Anthony P. Campisi, executive vp and treasurer of Early, Cassidy & Schilling Inc. of Bethesda, Md.
* Robert F. Denny, chairman and CEO of Cook, Hall & Hyde of East Hampton, N.Y.
* Philip J. Edmundson, president and CEO of William Gallagher Associates of Boston.
* Hugh D. Governey, managing director of Corporate Broking for Coyle Hamilton Ltd. of Dublin, Ireland.
* Gary R. Griffith, chairman and CEO of Summit Global Partners Inc. of Dallas.
* Markham McKnight, president and chief operating officer of Wright & Percy Insurance of Baton Rouge, La.
* Kenneth M. Padgett, managing director of J&H Marsh & McLennan Inc. of New York.
* Bonnie M. Randall-Molaschi, executive vp and general manager of The Cal-Surance Cos. of Orange, Calif.
* Robert S. Seltzer, president of Cohen-Seltzer Inc. of Fort Washington, Pa.
In addition to a new slate of elected officers, the Council also recently reorganized and made several staff appointments reflecting its July merger with the NAIB.
Barbara S. Haugen was named senior vp and will assume senior management and operational responsibilities with the Council. Ms. Haugen most recently was director of federal affairs for the NAIB.
Joel Wood was promoted to senior vp-government affairs, from vp-government affairs of the Council. He remains the Council's chief federal lobbyist.
Coletta I. Kemper was promoted to vp-industry affairs, from director-industry affairs of the Council.
Anne Flanagan was named director of state affairs. Ms. Flanagan previously held the same position with the NAIB.