BI’s Article search uses Boolean search capabilities. If you are not familiar with these principles, here are some quick tips.
To search specifically for more than one word, put the search term in quotation marks. For example, “workers compensation”. This will limit your search to that combination of words.
To search for a combination of terms, use quotations and the & symbol. For example, “hurricane” & “loss”.
* The American College offers a descriptive guide about the Registered Employee Benefits Consultant and Registered Health Underwriter professional designations. Request item 2300.
* A newsletter from Aon Consulting discusses temporary tax regulations impacting midyear cafeteria plan elections. Request item 2301.
* A report from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans examines the feasibility of economically targeted investing through the partnership of public and private pension funds. Request item 2302.
* Employee benefit provisions in the Taxpayer Relief Act are explained in a fact sheet presented by Buck Consultants Inc. Request item 2303.
* A paper providing information on the impact of the Americans with Disabilities Act on employers, employees and insurers is available from CNA. Request item 2304.
* CorporateFamily Solutions offers an article outlining the benefits to both employees and employers by being a family-friendly company. Request item 2305.
* Human resources and benefits issues are explored in a newsletter offered by Aon Consulting. Request item 2306.
* Developments and corporate solutions to problems associated with work/life benefits are discussed in a newsletter published by CorporateFamily Solutions. Request item 2307.
* A catalog with information regarding the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist designation program is available from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans. Request item 2308.
* A series of pamphlets discussing major life events and choices facing individuals in these situations is available from MetLife. Request item 2309.
* MetLife provides a booklet that answers questions about how the Family and Medical Leave Act may relate to employee benefit programs. Request item 2310.
* A booklet available from Sedgwick Noble Lowndes provides a checklist for employers to ensure compliance with current-year employee benefit rules. Request item 2311.
* The Segal Co. supplies an annual reporting and disclosure calendar that indicates general reporting and disclosure requirements applicable to employee pension and welfare benefit plans. Request item 2312.
* Sedgwick Noble Lowndes offers a survey of senior corporate executives that measures opinions on topics such as Medicare, managed care and 401(k) investor education. Request item 2313.
* The Self Insurance Exchange Inc. provides a guide for third-party administrators and their marketing departments about adapting to a changing marketplace. Request item 2314.
* A study offered by Intracorp explores the attitudes and perspectives of the American worker regarding personal health. Request item 2315.
* A handbook offered by Sedgwick Noble Lowndes interprets some of the more vexing COBRA laws for plan sponsors. Request item 2316.
* A study aimed at employers that identifies strategic issues relevant to employer health benefit spending is offered by Towers Perrin. Request item 2317.
* A quarterly newsletter from the International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists explores employee benefit issues and trends. Request item 2318.
* An article discussing key considerations in voluntary payroll deductions for benefit products is available from Monumental Life Insurance Agency. Request item 2319.
* A pamphlet from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans lists publications and materials designed to assist employers with the communication of benefits. Request item 2320.
* Social Security and Medicare program benefits are summarized and criteria explained in an annual fact sheet published by BNA Books. Request item 2321.
* Child & Elder Care Insights Inc. offers a booklet aimed at employers and employee assistance providers that gives an overview of dependent care benefits. Request item 2322.
* A disk that helps users connect with benefits-related World Wide Web sites is available from Midwest Legal Services. Request item 2323.
* Aetna International Group Benefits presents an annual international manual of the usual and customary benefits offered in 44 countries. Request item 2324.
* A bulletin published by Baker & McKenzie highlights global labor, employee benefits and employment issues. Request item 2325.
* A newsletter produced by Globex International discusses international events and developments involving benefits and related subjects. Request item 2326.
* A paper offered by T.E. Brennan addresses self-insurance and ways that employers can reduce health costs. Request item 2327.
* A newsletter highlighting new developments for health plan professionals is available from Corbel. Request item 2328.
* A booklet available from ENCOMPASS Health Management Systems addresses frequently asked questions of benefits managers. Request item 2329.
* A brochure from Insurance Claims Auditing and Professional Services Inc. explains how to determine if a self-insured health or other benefit plan needs a claim audit. Request item 2330.
* A Self Insurance Exchange Inc. pamphlet for vendors interested in reaching self-insured workers compensation and benefit programs highlights key marketing tips, including product and buyer information. Request item 2331.
* A directory of companies that provide products and services for self-insured employee benefits or workers compensation plans is available from the Self-Insurance Institute of America Inc. Request item 2332.
* Strategic Recovery Partnership Inc. offers a newsletter discussing congressional initiatives that may affect self-funded health care plans. Request item 2333.