AmWINS acquires 15 Willis Towers Watson programsReprints
Specialty broker AmWINS Group Inc. on Monday said it has acquired 15 insurance programs from Willis Towers Watson P.L.C., including those for ski resorts and auto dealers.
Terms of the deal, which is expected to be closed on Oct. 31, were not disclosed, Charlotte, North Carolina-based AmWINS said in a statement.
AmWINS said the programs are:
• MountainGuard: Designed for ski resort operations in the U.S. and Canada
• DealerGuard: Complete P&C offering for franchised auto, truck, and RV dealers as well as large independent auto dealers
• RecycleGuard: Designed for businesses with primary operations in recycling or document destruction
• ResortGuard: Designed for businesses engaged in the operation of destination resorts, master planned communities and large scale recreational planned communities
• Health Care: Designed for medical facilities, medical equipment providers, and home health/hospice providers
• WorkCompGuard: Designed to offer brokers a wide variety of workers compensation programs designed around specific classes of business and client size
• FeedLot & Dairy: Designed for farms with cows producing milk for bulk sales and cattle feeding operations
• CAR-PAC: Package program for franchised auto, truck and RV dealers
• PizzaGuard: Designed for pizza delivery restaurants
• Rent-ItGuard: Designed exclusively for the equipment rental industry
• MAPP: Designed to provide custom insurance coverage for metalworking and plastics manufacturers
• Lawyers Regional: Designed to provide lawyers professional liability to law firms
• UtilitySure: Designed for the natural gas distribution industry
• WellGuard: Designed for the groundwater industry
• WorkTruckGuard: Designed to meet the unique exposures of the trailer manufacturing and truck aftermarket industry
AmWINS said the programs have a combined team of 115 professionals with offices in Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Burlington, Vermont; Tampa, Florida; Detroit; Denver; Salt Lake City; and Hartford, Connecticut.