Ironshore expands mergers and acquisitions footprintPosted On: Mar. 16, 2017 2:09 PM CST
Ironshore Inc. on Thursday said it is expanding its mergers and acquisitions capabilities with a team of new hires in the Americas and broadened office presence in Canada and Latin America.
The Bermuda-based insurer said in a statement that it also has increased its M&A business line capacity to $150 million from $96 million to support increased transaction volume throughout the Americas region.
Five attorneys have joined the Ironshore M&A group in New York:
• David Kavanagh, vice president and senior production specialist, previously an attorney with Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson L.L.P.
• Sean Harrigan, vice president and senior production specialist, previously an associate with Baker & Hostetler L.L.P.
• Alexander Pavlou, production specialist, previously an associate with NewOak Capital Markets L.L.C.
• Dana Gambro, production specialist, previously an associate with Carroll McNulty & Kull L.L.C.
• Christopher Bays, production counsel, previously an associate with Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck L.L.P.
Andrea Tsoulogiannis, assistant vice president and production specialist, joins the Toronto team from Goodmans L.L.P., where she was an associate.
Cristina Merry del Val, specialty lines manager, was previously executive director with Goldman Sachs Asset Management and will be based in Ironshore’s Miami office, serving Latin America and the Caribbean.
“Ironshore has more than doubled its dedicated team of professionals within the mergers and acquisitions group in the Americas since the division was formed in mid-2016,” Rowan Bamford, global head of mergers and acquisitions and tax insurance, said in the statement. “We have significantly enhanced the Ironshore footprint in the region by appointing experienced specialists in Ironshore offices to meet client demand within the U.S., Canadian and Latin American markets.”