European risk management group expands global visionReprints
The Federation of European Risk Management Associations Wednesday announced a new strategic vision and mission statement.
The vision and mission statement are the result of a six-month consultation process with FERMA’s member associations and were unveiled at the association’s annual general assembly in Brussels.
FERMA’s vision is of “a world where risk management is embedded in the business model and culture of organizations,” it said in a statement.
Previously, FERMA’s mission statement said that the associations existed to “lead and enhance the effective practice of risk management, risk financing and insurance,” according to its website.
FERMA Wednesday said that in order to fulfil its mission it would:
• Represent and defend the interests of its member associations and their members to European institutions;
• Create, collect and share knowledge, practices and innovative approaches amongst its member associations and their members;
• Improve the recognition of, and raise the profile of, the profession;
• Demonstrate the value that professional risk managers bring to organizations;
• Take the lead with stakeholders who have an interest in risk management and;
• Represent European interests with risk management associations globally.
“This new vision and mission statement provide a strong basis for the development of a business plan laying down the direction for FERMA over the next three years around three key drivers: leadership, communication and education,” Jo Willlaert, president of FERMA and commissioned corporate risk manager as Agfa-Gevaert N.V. in Mortsel, Belgium, in the statement.